• El foro de relojes de habla hispana con más tráfico de la Red, donde un reloj es algo más que un objeto que da la hora. Relojes Especiales es el punto de referencia para hablar de relojes de todas las marcas, desde Rolex hasta Seiko, alta relojería, relojes de pulsera y de bolsillo, relojería gruesa y vintages, pero también de estilográficas. Además, disponemos de un foro de compraventa donde podrás encontrar el reloj que buscas al mejor precio. Para poder participar tendrás que registrarte.

Intersante review de la gran diferencia de precio que pagamos y cuesta hacer un reloj

• Iniciador del hilo GusDiver
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Hilo cerrado
GusDiver

GusDiver

De la casa
Sin verificar
Hola, me acavo de leer esto y os lo comparto,,esta ingles,, no lo pude traducir con google...

[h=1]There is almost no difference between a watch that costs £300 and another that costs £7,000.[/h]Posted on March 31, 2014
So why should we pay the extra £6,700?
There are approximately 5000 watch brands in the world. Out of these, 500 brands belong to groups like Richemont, LVMH, Swatch, Sowind, Gevril, Fossil, Seiko and so on. Although these Groups only correspond to ten percent of the world’s manufacturers, their turnover represents almost seventy percent of the industry’s sales.
These groups – which include independent brands like Ulysse Nardin, Oris, Rolex, Corum and Breitling – sell directly from their own offices, to shops in the UK. The other 4500 brands rely on distributors, agents and dealers, who are, in fact, (would be their) investors.
We could point to the boom of watches Made in China around 1990, although a number of manufacturers were already using Chinese tooling prior to this date. After 1990 the economic opportunity became obvious: there were huge advantages to be had by moving brand production to China.
These were the years during which a grey market was created for some of the more famous fashion brands; the time when a large number of cheap but ‘authentic fake/original’ watches were sold on the internet. How did it work? Fashion brands would ask Chinese companies to manufacture 5,000 pieces of a specific model. These manufacturers would actually produce 5,400, delivering 5,000 to their client and would transfer the remaining 400 to the grey market. The watch would probably cost no more than £25 to make, the fashion brand would retail it for £250 or over and, in the grey market, it would sell for around £60. Those days have gone.
While the grey market has almost disappeared completely, we are now able to find exceptionally good copies of those 500 top brands. Indeed at a fraction of the price of the original item – and no one is questioning such difference in prices, in some cases, several thousand of Pounds.
A litre of Scottish whisky can cost £2.45 and a litre of crude oil costs around £0.38 per litre (facts). But the cheapest bottle of whisky is available at around £11.00 per litre and petrol is £1.30 per litre at the pump. For the most part this is a result of the taxes levied by various governments and, of course, the massive profits made by the distilleries, wholesalers, distributors, retailers and, the oil companies. Taxes on oil and whisky are much higher than those on watches and other accessories, on which we only pay VAT. A watch from Japan or Switzerland at £200 will cost us £240 to import.
Watches belong to the fashion industry and, unlike other products such as cars, home appliances, electronic equipment and so on, expensive watches have no real, tangible value. We buy them because they make us feel good about ourselves.
The standard trade discount on almost all brands is 50% off retail, with a few going to 60%. Some policies are changing (as we speak) as “strong manufacturers” are looking to increase profits as volume of sales is and will decrease.
A very good marketing gimmick was brought to the UK by three British brands about a decade ago. Retail price for these watches stood at £499. They were advertised in hotels and papers at £99 and, best of all, they could be purchased on eBay or outside petrol stations (usually sold by some seedy characters) for about £35. I believe that this is still going on.
Bear in mind that any two watches will cost almost the same to produce, regardless of their shelf prices. One could be £100 and the other £7,000. It makes very little difference to most manufacturing costs. Without taking into consideration those watches that sell between £2 and £15, MOST models cost between £35 and £250 (maximum) to make. Probably a shocking revelation or one that most of you have known already but have refused to acknowledge (I have included a parenthesis on the subject at the bottom**).
The classic brands include the likes of Rolex, Tag, Breitling and Omega. They’re right at the top of the ladder. No one seems to question why some of these brand’s most basic models still cost between £2,500 and £6,000. As I said before, watches are fashion items. You have to wonder: why are you willing to pay so much for these brands?
When you pay that much for a watch, you also foot the bill for the brands’ astronomically expensive marketing campaigns. If Tag offers $20 million to Tiger Woods to sponsor their brand, then someone is fronting the money. That would be you, the hapless customer! If Breitling invests in aeroplanes and stuntmen to promote their brand, someone is paying for the jet fuel and the actors’ bills. You again!
blog-breit.jpg
[no complaints about Breitling air stewardesses].

Rolex is divided into different corporations but it is said that the group is worth CHF19 billion in assets. Those profits have to come from somewhere. Guess where – or who – that money comes from. Yes: you again!
Short and sweet, here you have it. There are the 4500 brands backed by little advertisement but which are still able to maintain a market presence for their low price timepieces (in some cases low quality timepieces too), while the big brands pay someone to come up with unbelievable statements about their products and charge you for their extortionate prices.
watch-diagram.jpg
watche.jpg

**[Cost breakdown – an anatomy of a watch].
I mentioned production costs between £35 and £250. A watch that costs £35 to produce is often sold for £1,500 and another that costs £250 to produce is sold for £750. There really are no set rules in this industry.
For around £9,500 one can buy a new Fiat, Seat, MG, Chevrolet, Dacia, Nissan, Hyundai and so on. Specifications for these cars will also be similar to each other. Based on the £35 – £250 ratio we ought to see one of these cars on sale for just over £67,000. We all know that this is not the case.

The public is led to believe that some brands are more special than others. Based on what?
The components are all the same. Case – one sort or other of steel or titanium or aluminium or some extravagant name that, in reality, does not mean anything. [For your information these are the prices, for ONE TONNE of: steel £128; aluminium £740; titanium £3,400; tungsten carbide (my favourite) £275. Most watches will average a weight, just for the case, of 70 grams (1 tonne = 100000 grams). Most high quality s/s cases are sold for £15 and another £8 [£23] for the strap. Sapphire glass could be expensive, especially the one made in Germany (Otto Frei, for example), but, on average, the cost doesn’t exceed £12 [£35]. Dials, hands, crowns are all in the small change prices. Might as well mention it now, assembling a watch costs £7 per piece [£42] – (Swiss made)].

The only argument left rests with the movement. At this point the connoisseurs will come up with a long list of testimonials and high end engineering that will make the movement so special and, in fact, so expensive. So expensive it seems, for many brands, that such movement will cost hundreds of pounds if not a couple of thousand. That is rather far from the truth.
Evidence of the wheel’s presence in the development of technology begins in the mid-4th millennium BC, and nothing much has changed since then. A couple of decades ago, a watch enthusiast named Walt Odets dared to criticise the Rolex movement as “a total piece of junk” (not quiet his words but a good summary based on what other watchmakers have shown me). Of course he got a good frying from the watch community, all too quick to defend the brand. Reality is, similar to the wheel, not much has changed on the watch movement front in the last 300 years.
I am still talking about basic ETA movement and not complications (known as Tourbillon or others). At this point, I need to raise my hat to the Japanese and their kinetic movement. Very accurate watches have been sold for less than £250, all singing and dancing.
The original Breitling brand closed its business in the early 80s but was later bought and revived by Mr. Ernest Schneider. With the view to bring money to the new company, he started selling, at around £900, some of his watches with a quartz Miyota Japanese movement. The cost of this movement was… £4.50 (add this to the £42 above and you have a “cheap” watch sold for £900). Most high end watches have an automatic movement and I can assure you that this does not cost more than £50 to make. Should it cost more, the manufacturing company would have serious financial problems.

To close this wrangle, I would like you to compare 2 pairs of watches.
The first pair is a Tissot Men’s SEASTAR 1000 Automatic, on sale at £575.00 – v – the Rolex Submariner at £5,700. Where does the £4,700 difference come from between the two watches?
There’s the Charmex CX Swiss Military Hurricane Automatic Chronograph (ETA cal. 7750 Valjoux COSC) at £1,200 – v – the Bretiling Navitimer World at £4,800 (same movement but the CX is superior in water resistance)
Finally – not to mention the almost £2,000 difference between two identical (1999) watches and with the same movement – The Zenith Rainbow El Primero – v- Rolex Daytona.

[h=3]RELATED[/h]Why do less known watch brands fail to become popular?In "Watch Industry"
Past and Modern British Watch ScenarioIn "Watch Industry"
Swiss watch industry, from 1929 to-date.In "Watch Industry"

This entry was posted in Personal by maxprocaccini. Bookmark the permalink.[FONT=&quot][h=2]13 THOUGHTS ON “THERE IS ALMOST NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A WATCH THAT COSTS £300 AND ANOTHER THAT COSTS £7,000.”[/h]
  • Pingback: A Blog that rocks the boat? - Watch Freeks
  • 1de15cb28d76c58eb79ce21962ed5?s=68&d=identicon&r=G.jpg
    maxprocaccini on July 7, 2015 at 3:49 pm said:

I have just found this post on YouTube – it is a good one and I wish to share it with others.

maxprocaccini on July 7, 2015 at 3:54 pm said:

This is my full comment on this video and a few others posted by Rolex on YouTube
    The first point which I would like to “correct” (make) is that, mostly, people with low self-confidence and low self-esteem buy a Rolex watch. Please allow me to explain.
    Mr. Jones has been working for 25 years of his life as a kitchen porter. He has had no much of an education, lives in a council flat with wife and three kids. Suddenly he wins the Jackpot on the Lottery and he is, now, very rich.
    He might divorce his wife but he will surely be buying big car(s), “nice” suits, a yacht, a big house with swimming pool, will start drinking Moët & Chandon and Johnnie Walker (as he wouldn’t know what Armand de Brignac and Glenglassaugh are) and he will be buying a Rolex watch. “ROLEX – The ego-booster watch for the nouveau riche”.
    There must be some 100 brands out there that are more expensive than Rolex but would that be the nouveau riche or the pseudointellectual ‘tycoon’, the only important part for these people is to look (to others) affluent.
    Their problem, in fact, is their assumption that a Parmigiani Fleurier is some sort of sophisticated dessert at a French restaurant and Ulysse Nardin is a lost sequel to Homer’s Odyssey. No idea what these people would make of brand names like: Breguet, Blancpain, Bovet, F.P. Journe and many others.
    The observation, here, is that one doesn’t have to be rich to buy a Rolex. He mostly need to transmit his insecurity to/above others by showing good (debatable) taste and inflicting silent arrogance as a person of success (kitchen porter or farm worker whatever his background might have been).
    In 1992 a Rolex Submariner with date would cost £1,130 . Today, the same (similar) watch is £5,700. The 1992 model can be purchased second-hand from the Internet for £3,600 (mainly because there are sufficient nitwits that think that it is a good deal). The fact that model no.16610 has been discontinued, might have something to do with the inflated prices.
    There is, really, no smart person above. Even if he paid £1,130 for the Rolex and he is now selling it for £3,600 (23 years later) – he is still on a financial loss (poor investment). The nitwit that will buy the 1992 (£1,130) Rolex for £3,600 – should just carry on working as a kitchen porter. If in 1992 you would have invested $1,800 dollars – your return today would be $12,570 (or £8.160)
    Marketing is the mirror for the larks. From your choice on what to eat, drink, wear etc. the marketing companies are making sure that you chose Pringles, Coca-Cola and Nike.
    Reality, no matter what, is that the masses don’t want to know and don’t want to listen (they know best, after all – even in front of the evidence).

PS – YouTube + Rolex advertising/marketing. A few points
    1) Most Rolex models have had the same design for decades – hence no much need for “new designs” or, most important, for new tooling.
    2) No, Rolex are not made by hand as we see in some videos
    3) Yes, Rolex are assembled in Switzerland by hand – but so are many hundreds other watch brands too
    4) Walt Odets (an American watchmaker) posted an article (around 1999) on how badly made was the Rolex movement. If you have an honest and friendly watchmaker – he/she will tell you the same
    5) Unheard-of on other movements, Rolex must be laid flat, on its right or left – if it is fast or slow! (??) – hardly a watch to tell the right time (despite COSC certification).

maxprocaccini on July 7, 2015 at 4:58 pm said:

This video is bit of a laugh – should you listen carefully to what they (Rolex) say. There are several “outsider companies” that work for Rolex to make straps and other components. Only in recent years (around 12) – Rolex has actually fully bought the company that makes their movements, has merged two offices into one and has moved away from Zenith El Primero movement for their Rolex Daytona. There is no reason why there is a shortage of Rolex Daytona watches but if Rolex are “King” of anything – they are surely king of marketing.

[/FONT]

es un atropello, son unos sinverguenzas? puede ser,,pero es lo que hay, son caprichos y los compras o no---si los queremos...::bash::

Hombre,la verdad q viendo al Sr. bien flanqueado me pongo a reflexionar y me digo ¿ porq no se puso a un lado una japonesa con kimono y al otro una pastora tipo Heidi ? En fin,q toi de lunes....................Ya vere de empollarme todo el texto para hacerle " translator":-PMny Tks;-).....................

Hombre,la verdad q viendo al Sr. bien flanqueado me pongo a reflexionar y me digo ¿ porq no se puso a un lado una japonesa con kimono y al otro una pastora tipo Heidi ? En fin,q toi de lunes....................Ya vere de empollarme todo el texto para hacerle " translator":-PMny Tks;-).....................
Y yo espero a que hagas el translator

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI G750-U10 mediante Tapatalk

Muy flojo el articulo. Es lo mismo de siempre.

Yo tengo relojes de 100-300-500-1000 y mas y si hay diferencia, y bastante. Sobre todo se nota en los detalles y acabados. En todos hay una componente de marketing, de beneficio, I+D etc porque todos los relojes estan para ganar dinero, no para regalarlos.

De hecho tengo un reloj con un ETA 2824-2 de unos 400 euros y otro con un ETA top mucho mas caro, y a parte de los superiores acabados y mayor coste del Top y de un ajuste mas fino, no parece un ETA 2824-2, va muy fino al accionar la corona, todo es mas suave.

Será mejor tener esclavizada la mano de obra, que cobren 100$ al mes y te puedas comprar sokis, skmey etc por 5-20$ ... porque la produción no cuesta nada y los materiales menos. ¿Trabajariamos en esas condiciones? Los chinos sí.

El mundo "guay" de siempre. Todo tiene un precio justo y todos queremos ganar un sueldo justo. Pero algunos quieren comprar Omegas y rolex a 300 $ ... La perfección y detalle tienen un precio. Si a pesar de ser caros las empresas desaparecen porque tienen perdidas, algo falla.

Los casios ¿son caros? porque la empresa esta en perdidas. O igual es que cobran mucho por los relojes, o que invierten demasiado en I+D, sacan demasiados modelos, demasiados modulos ... precios competitivos pero no suficientes ... a ver ue dice el articulo sobre eso.

Última edición:
ese se compro el jet privado con los supuestos grandes beneficios que le redituan las enormes cifras de ventas de relojes sobre valoradas..

Parte de algo cierto: el coste de producción de los relojes representa una pequeña parte de su precio, pero de ahí a sostener que es igual un movimiento de un reloj de unos pocos cientos de euros, a otro de muchos miles...

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

Qué chorrada de artículo y qué cacao mental tiene el paisano que lo ha escrito. Cuñadismo en estado puro nivel Dios.

Es brutal lo que hacen estas marcas.
Al final la mayor parte de lo que cuesta el reloj es para pagar la publicidad y los patrocinios, en vez del reloj en sí, que no cuesta fabricarlo ni el 10% del PVP.

si hablamos de un reloj de hasta 7.000€ comparandolo con otro de 500€ se ve muy clara la diferencia y hasta se puede entender por marca. caliades, historia y mas cosas incluidas como el marketing de cada firma.

ahora y si hablamos de un richard milles ...de mas de 100.000€ esa gran diferencia de dinero supongamos, entre un rolex daytona calibre zenith de oro y bracelete de oro...pues esa diferencia haciando superior a R,M...yo no veo donde encontrarla.. me qudaria mil veces con el rolex.y hasta puedo comprender que sea mas justificada su compra, por el simple hecho que Rolex tiene una trayectoria de muchos años, historia y ese modelo es mitico en todo el mundo.. en cambio RM salio a mercado hace no mucho, no tiene nada de historia y directamente se planto en precios muy lejanos al publico en general

si se venden, es por que hay una minoria de gente que puede pagarlos y quiere.. pero em parecen sobre precios ridiculos.. uno dice si se paga la marca...vale si habams de omega rolex, breitling,, pero Richard Milles??? no gracias..no pagaria mas de 1500€ por uno de ellos a ver dentro de 100 años donde queda richard milles y en cuanto quedaria el daytona...

pero sobre gusto...esta la oferta--

este lo vi en el harrods,, 12.500 libras.. de gastarme eso pero ni lo tendria en cuenta en absoluto y me voy al deep blue sin pensarlo siquiera. de hecho me reia cuando veia esos precios..y este es de lso baratos de la marca...ha ia de mas de 100,000 libras tambien
G0384836.jpg

Lógicamente tendrán unos suculentos beneficios, pero unos grandes gastos, la calidad se paga por los terminados, la producción en masa sin desmerecer calidad tiene mejores costes con mayores fallos generales, el máximo control requiere profesionales, la mejor imagen, inversión. Vamos que es lo que hay, yo seguiré comprando lo que me de la gana y mi realidad, son los relojes de Segundamano, consiguiendo lo que busco, máxima calidad al mejor precio.

Lógicamente tendrán unos suculentos beneficios, pero unos grandes gastos, la calidad se paga por los terminados, la producción en masa sin desmerecer calidad tiene mejores costes con mayores fallos generales, el máximo control requiere profesionales, la mejor imagen, inversión. Vamos que es lo que hay, yo seguiré comprando lo que me de la gana y mi realidad, son los relojes de Segundamano, consiguiendo lo que busco, máxima calidad al mejor precio.

totalmente de acuerdo

¿De verdad estamos hablando de costes de producción y relación calidad-precio en artículos de lujo? :laughing1:

¿De verdad estamos hablando de costes de producción y relación calidad-precio en artículos de lujo? :laughing1:

También podríamos hablar de los costes de producción de un tomate y de su pvp final a cliente... el resultado sería me da que bastante parecido.

no habla solo de articulos del lujo,, no es por nada pero yo a un eta 2824 no lo considero lujo. si considero una manufactura de ciertas marcas.. si el eta 2824 se vende en ebay x 300€ por ejemplo,,cuanto sale en cantidad..lo que habla es que grandes marcas si ponen ese eta 2824 va bien si..pero por x ese precio...se prefiere una manufactura o al menos un eta 2892, en relojes de hasta 2000€--

en eso pagas la marca y el eta 2824:ok:: va muy bien si, pero es un eta 2824 que lo monta un steinhart de 500€ -1500€ menos, vale diseño marca todo esta metido en esa diferencia

Pero es que pasando de 200€ (por decir algo) no estás comprando el reloj.......compras.......tachan, los intangibles.

También podríamos hablar de los costes de producción de un tomate y de su pvp final a cliente... el resultado sería me da que bastante parecido.

Sí, pero un tomate (o verduras en general) es necesario para vivir... un reloj de lujo no ;-). Lo que quiero decir (y a lo mejor no se me ha entendido) es que veo absurdo hablar en esos términos de un artículo de lujo. Si puedes permitírtelo, te gusta y te apetece, te lo compras. Si no, no te lo compras (tampoco andes criticando a quien lo haga). Es como si vas a comer a un restaurante con tres estrellas michelín y te cobran 150 € por el menú (por poner un ejemplo) y te pones a sacar lo que cuestan las verduras y carnes que te han servido...
Un saludo :Cheers:

Sí, pero un tomate (o verduras en general) es necesario para vivir... un reloj de lujo no ;-). Lo que quiero decir (y a lo mejor no se me ha entendido) es que veo absurdo hablar en esos términos de un artículo de lujo. Si puedes permitírtelo, te gusta y te apetece, te lo compras. Si no, no te lo compras (tampoco andes criticando a quien lo haga). Es como si vas a comer a un restaurante con tres estrellas michelín y te cobran 150 € por el menú (por poner un ejemplo) y te pones a sacar lo que cuestan las verduras y carnes que te han servido...
Un saludo :Cheers:

Si pienso igual que tu, lo que digo es que pocas cosas se venden a pvp a mismo valor que produccion, como para escandalizarse por el lujo

Gracias por presentar, hay algunos comentarios que dejan mucho que desear, cada quién es libre de expresarse y poner lo que quiera.
Un abrazo.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Pues para ser intangibles, sí que son caros! :worshippy:

En algunas cosas tiene razón. Y eso que los artículos están escritos en 2010 y 2011...

Qué chorrada de artículo y qué cacao mental tiene el paisano que lo ha escrito. Cuñadismo en estado puro nivel Dios.

Pero te nombra a ti específicamente. Qué callado tenías que te tocaron los Euromillones, pillín... ;-)

(Supongo que no hace falta aclarar que es una coña...)

He dejado de leer cuando dice que el precio de un litro de petróleo y el de un litro de gasolina difieren por impuestos e intermediarios.

Supongo que transportar el petróleo en barco, llevarlo a la refinería, procesarlo para hacer gasolina y distribuirlo por la red comercial no le parecen que añaden coste.

Es como decir que el precio de un tronco de árbol y el de una mesa de madera difieren por los intermediarios. En fin... mucho cuñadismo, como ya se ha dicho por aquí.

Última edición:

+1

Solo añadiría que el tío da muchas cifras pero no dice de dónde las ha sacado, no cita ni una sola fuente...para mí eso ya indica bastante.

Además de que se ve mucho odio a rolex en el artículo, la verdad, que podrá gustar más o menos o estar uno más o menos de acuerdo con sus políticas como marca etc, pero de ahí a decir que sus movimientos son básicamente "una M..." como hace...pues como que no.

Estado
Hilo cerrado
Atrás
Arriba Pie