• El foro de relojes de habla hispana con más tráfico de la Red, donde un reloj es algo más que un objeto que da la hora. Relojes Especiales es el punto de referencia para hablar de relojes de todas las marcas, desde Rolex hasta Seiko, alta relojería, relojes de pulsera y de bolsillo, relojería gruesa y vintages, pero también de estilográficas. Además, disponemos de un foro de compraventa donde podrás encontrar el reloj que buscas al mejor precio. Para poder participar tendrás que registrarte.

La vida vivida, no consumida

• Iniciador del hilo Jesús
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Hilo cerrado
Jesús

Jesús

Gran Cruz al Mérito Forero
Sin verificar
Gran cruz
Con que a alguno le guste tanto como a mí...

De Ethan Desu.

lostimage.jpg

I have a dream i don’t talk about. I have skirted the subject with my closest friend of twenty years, drunk and deeply philosophical we’ve taken stabs at it in the dark. My wife of 8 years has heard me mumble about it. Vague sketches of a landscape from my imagination, where we’ll be when I finally become successful.
But it’s a simple thing when we get down to it. I want to sink my hands into dark earth or cold running water. I want to take food from the ground, and sow it back in for the next meal. I want to feel changes in the earth, watch seasons move, life emerge and return, I want to live the life we have been living for thousands of years.
Consumerism is a terrible thing. It’s a chain that binds us to the cities and the pollution, keeps us in relationships we don’t enjoy and away from the company of the people we love, the people we would die to be with, but we wont choose to live for. It makes us fight tooth and nail with each other, it makes us kill ourselves, for everything we neither want nor need. It takes the art from our brushes and makes our canvas an abacus. It’s no way to live.
I have done my utmost that my place of business is as much about the artisan as it is about the client - never more so, as there is enough of that in fashion, but a collaboration, a patronage in the true sense of the word. When you have an artist paint for you, you are buying their personality and experience on canvas. But when you commission a suit from a master, you have your personality with their experience. It’s a beautiful relationship, one I’d recommend anyone with the means to do so to cultivate.

It is the obsolescence I rail against in fast fashion. The idea that today’s ideas, efforts, principles, triumphs, are all less valuable than what is to come. We have played that tune many times, and increasingly it proves itself false. There is too much of tradition that our parents forgot but we are starting to feel the absence of. From service and generosity in every relationship, to humility and respect in how we present ourselves to the world. There is a distinct arrogance in the world today, and I know I’m not alone in feeling dismayed by it.

I will probably never have my perry orchard, will never press my own cider. It’s a pipe dream, and the fact is that it will be my lot to serve for the rest of my working days. But that in itself is a sowing and a reaping. It will always be up to me how deep I sow and how much I give back.

A mi lo que me gustaria es disfrutar tanto sacándole brillo a los zapatos....;-):-P

Saludos

PS: Me gustó tambien :yes:

Estado
Hilo cerrado
Atrás
Arriba Pie