• El foro de relojes de habla hispana con más tráfico de la Red, donde un reloj es algo más que un objeto que da la hora. Relojes Especiales es el punto de referencia para hablar de relojes de todas las marcas, desde Rolex hasta Seiko, alta relojería, relojes de pulsera y de bolsillo, relojería gruesa y vintages, pero también de estilográficas. Además, disponemos de un foro de compraventa donde podrás encontrar el reloj que buscas al mejor precio. Para poder participar tendrás que registrarte.

Certina DS 288 Restauration Part 1: WIP

• Iniciador del hilo earlgrey-erfurt
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Hilo cerrado
E

earlgrey-erfurt

Novat@
Sin verificar
Hello
A few months ago I purchased a Certina in a pitiful condition. At that time I knew virtually nothing about the brand and its models. The dial also tells really nothing because someone had probably already tried a restoration and the model designation was only present in approaches. After a little research it showed that it was a DS 288 from the mid-70s, well, that was also worn of a world champion such as the Belgian Roger De Coster (Source ). Here are the pictures of the seller:
certinaDS288old3.jpg

certinaDS288old4.jpg

certinaDS288old5.jpg

certinaDS288old6.jpg

certinaDS288old7.jpg

While disassembling the watch it turned out that the dial was impossible to restore.
certinaDS288old8.jpg

A quick shot on eBay took a 288 but no DS 288 home ... but brought a similar dial in reasonable condition and a second 25-681 movement with 28800 oscillations. On closer inspection, there was a renewed problem: the dial of the 288 was too large and had to be adapted ... then I lumed the hands and dial and repainted the second hand .
certinaDS288old15.jpg

certinaDS288old16.jpg

The next problem was the case: some of them very profound legacies of almost 40 years of watchlife and a cut that I had set to myself as a target to raise it again.
certinaDS288old10.jpg

certinaDS288old12.jpg

certinaDS288old13.jpg

certinaDS288old14.jpg

After several attempts I was satisfied with the result. And without using Lapidiermaschine but with a lathe.
certinaDS288old21.jpg

certinaDS288old19.jpg

Since the glass was fine and the spare parts situation especially for seals do not look rosy, I got the work done without removing the housing, which was not easy but worked well.
The rubber ring, which was built as a double shock protection by Certina, has been photographed intelligent by the seller, so that the absence of half of the ring was realized after opening the case . Replacement, there are virtually no more, and colorful alternatives are expensive and not in yellow. But in my kitchen drawer I found a grey one that reasonably fit (grey were also allegedly obstructed ...) lucky
I built one movement of the two I got and the Poljot-crown was replaced by a more suitable one. A new tube for the crown completed the hole thing..
certinaDS288old23.jpg

certinaDS288old24.jpg

certinaDS288old25.jpg

certinaDS288old18.jpg

certinaDS288old26.jpg

The result
certinaDS288old27.jpg

certinaDS288old28.jpg

And some better pics here

Cheers Helmut

Estado
Hilo cerrado