• El foro de relojes de habla hispana con más tráfico de la Red, donde un reloj es algo más que un objeto que da la hora. Relojes Especiales es el punto de referencia para hablar de relojes de todas las marcas, desde Rolex hasta Seiko, alta relojería, relojes de pulsera y de bolsillo, relojería gruesa y vintages, pero también de estilográficas. Además, disponemos de un foro de compraventa donde podrás encontrar el reloj que buscas al mejor precio. Para poder participar tendrás que registrarte.

7750 running too fast

• Iniciador del hilo rik
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Hilo cerrado
R

rik

Quasi-forer@
Sin verificar
hello, I'm asking here to the experts for some infos on how to fix a 7750 that is running too fast.
Looking close I see that the spring under the balance wheel is compressed on one side.
I tryed to extend it with the tweezers, but, as I leave it, it comes back in the old position.
I don't believe it's magnetized, but just can't understand why it doesn't stand simmetrically spiral under the wheel.
Any suggestion?

Hairspring is bent, possibly on the part that goes from the stud and till passed the regulator.
So, some of the coils touch, so the balance "bounces" doing a shorter movement,
making the watch runs faster.

Hairspring work is one of the most delicate matters the watchmaker has to deal with,
so if you are not familiar with it, not to say having the proper tools for it, leave it alone,
and bring the watch to a good-good watchmaker.

Regards,
Alvaro

The language of this forum is spanish. May be you are breaking a rule... anyway... need some pictures of the movement, the balance wheel particulary.

Regards

Send some salame & queso from Chacabuco !! :D

for example, my spring, back of the stud, is much more smashed than this one:

501-042.jpg

(picture borrowed from this post: https://relojes-especiales.com/threads/revisión-de-un-reloj-slava.257081/)

Última edición:
The language of this forum is spanish. May be you are breaking a rule... anyway... need some pictures of the movement, the balance wheel particulary.

Regards
As I wrote in my presentation, I'm not spanish nor speak spanish....

Hairspring is bent, possibly on the part that goes from the stud and till passed the regulator.
So, some of the coils touch, so the balance "bounces" doing a shorter movement,
making the watch runs faster.
apparently there is no bending that justifies the accumulation of the coils on one side. It's absolutely true that the smashing causes a shortening of the spring and makes the balance wheel to run too fast. Actually I can't get a good regulation even putting the regulator at the maximum estension, agaisnt the stud.

Hairspring work is one of the most delicate matters the watchmaker has to deal with,
so if you are not familiar with it, not to say having the proper tools for it, leave it alone,
and bring the watch to a good-good watchmaker.

Regards,
Alvaro

My problem was exactly this: trying to fix this without going to the watchmaker. I can completly mount and dismount an eta 2824, but never tryed on a 7750, it's quite more complex, but still wanted to try some trick (if any exists) to fix the problem.
Any suggestion is welcome!

As I wrote in my presentation, I'm not spanish nor speak spanish....
No problem...

apparently there is no bending that justifies the accumulation of the coils on one side. It's absolutely true that the smashing causes a shortening of the spring and makes the balance wheel to run too fast. Actually I can't get a good regulation even putting the regulator at the maximum estension, agaisnt the stud.
The bendig between the stud and the regulator makes the spring pass throug the regulator with an unpropper angle and this can be the reason of the accumulation of the coils on one side. But we need some pictures of the movement...

Golipo, salame & queso is coming soon!!!

No problem...

The bendig between the stud and the regulator makes the spring pass throug the regulator with an unpropper angle and this can be the reason of the accumulation of the coils on one side. But we need some pictures of the movement...
Ok, this evening I'll try to shoot some picture and post it.
Do you believe it is correctable by hand without removing the bridge and the balance?

Golipo, salame & queso is coming soon!!!
AAAhhhh, that was from you, not from me!!
And I also mixed up the sender of the post...!! :ops:

Sorry, I didn't understood...

Última edición:
Fiddling with a hairspring can bring bad consequences, but as a friend said here: "hey, these are watches not human brains". You will not learn if you don´t dare.

that's true Joseluu, even if they're quite expensive! :)

By the way: here is the picture. As you can see, beyond the stud there are no coils, as they're compressed near the axe of the balance wheel.
I have to try to regularize the shape of this spring.

Suggestions?

IMG_20130109_201649.jpg

Última edición:
ok, after some tryes and work with tweezers I could manage to ply it and have a little better shape. At least now it runs slower, before i couldn't manage to slow it down, whatever the regulations I did, it was always too fast. Now it runs a little slow, so now it's a matter of the chrono comparator.

P1100148.jpg

Sorry. I do not speak English. This is a machine translation.

The spiral is extremely delicate.
To get an idea. The spiral (photo from Slava,) is perfect.
The shaft is supported out of its housing and that makes it look asymmetrical.

Sometimes I worked correcting spirals.

https://relojes-especiales.com/threads/una-reparación-en-el-volante.28135/

https://relojes-especiales.com/threads/enderezando-la-espiral-torcida-del-segundo-seiko-6309.153297/

At the end, has always been better to get the spiral shaft
With the coil attached to the shaft, it is almost impossible to see where the twisted.
The result is always unpredictable, so it is better, first try demagnetizing and cleaning oil

Saludos

Sorry. I do not speak English. This is a machine translation.

The spiral is extremely delicate.
To get an idea. The spiral (photo from Slava,) is perfect.
The shaft is supported out of its housing and that makes it look asymmetrical.

Sometimes I worked correcting spirals.

https://relojes-especiales.com/threads/una-reparación-en-el-volante.28135/

https://relojes-especiales.com/threads/enderezando-la-espiral-torcida-del-segundo-seiko-6309.153297/

At the end, has always been better to get the spiral shaft
With the coil attached to the shaft, it is almost impossible to see where the twisted.
The result is always unpredictable, so it is better, first try demagnetizing and cleaning oil

Saludos
rgil, Muchas gracias, sus tutoriales son realmente excepcionales, hay mucho que aprender.

En realidad, tienes razón, pero mi experiencia es mucho más limitado que el tuyo, no son actualmente capaces de quitar el puente para separar la bobina del eje de balancín. En primer lugar se debe probar en un movimiento de prueba, pero ahora no tengo disponible.

Una pregunta: ¿es posible que la espiral pierde fuerza y no se ejecuta el cronógrafo?

What is see is:

The mobile stud carrier is far away from the balance bridge,
Also is too close to the regulator.

Try tomove the mobile stud carrier back a bit, towards the balance bridge (anti-clockwise)
and separate the regulator, in opposite direction,

Perhaps, that should do the truck.

regards,
Alvaro

I've tryed but the result is not good, I'll be better to wait and put it on the cronocomp.

With these machine translations I will end up loosing my job.

Con estas traducciones automáticas acabaré quedándome sin trabajo.

you work at onu as a translator, don't you?

You clever boy!

With these machine translations I will end up loosing my job.

Con estas traducciones automáticas acabaré quedándome sin trabajo.

Pues no creas.
Con las traducciones automáticas, pocas veces llego a entender algo. Lo que pasa es que sin ellas, los que no dominamos el dichoso ingles, no hacemos nada de nada

Pues no creas.
Con las traducciones automáticas, pocas veces llego a entender algo. Lo que pasa es que sin ellas, los que no dominamos el dichoso ingles, no hacemos nada de nada
non preoccuparti rgil: lo spagnolo è la quarta lingua più parlata al mondo. Si può fare tranquillamente a meno dell'inglese. :)

Te envidio un poco, es un gran trabajo!

As it happens with many other things in life, you can´t have the cake and eat it too. It is a great job, from the income point of view, if you work for the UN or the EU or something like that, but it is a bit boring. On the other hand, you can translate literature, much more interesting, but only if you get the money for your food from somwhere else, jejeje.

وبما أن هذا هو منتدى الناطقة باللغة الإسبانية، سوف نقدر استخدامنا اللغة.
عندما أذهب إلى المنتديات الأجنبية أذهب على لسانك ولا أعرف ما إذا كنت تستخدم مترجم.

நான் வெளிநாட்டு கருத்துக்களம் போக போது நான் அவர்களின் மொழியில் வெளிப்படுத்த முயற்சி, மற்றும் நான் ஒரு மொழிபெயர்ப்பாளர் பயன்படுத்தினால் எனக்கு தெரியாது

Estado
Hilo cerrado
Atrás
Arriba Pie