• El foro de relojes de habla hispana con más tráfico de la Red, donde un reloj es algo más que un objeto que da la hora. Relojes Especiales es el punto de referencia para hablar de relojes de todas las marcas, desde Rolex hasta Seiko, alta relojería, relojes de pulsera y de bolsillo, relojería gruesa y vintages, pero también de estilográficas. Además, disponemos de un foro de compraventa donde podrás encontrar el reloj que buscas al mejor precio. Para poder participar tendrás que registrarte.

Targa Florio Question

• Iniciador del hilo Calibre11
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Hilo cerrado
Calibre11

Calibre11

Forer@ Senior
Sin verificar
Hello Friends,

A quick question for you. I've recently posted a story on the TAG Heuer Targa Florio series of watches, including one limited edition version that cost USD20,000 new and was only avaialble in Argentina (I believe).

Below is the original ad:

lostlink.jpg

I've been trying to work out what is so special about this version that it cost 10X the standard model...is it just the book and sales package? As I can't read Spanish very well its hard to be 100% sure..but its very expensive

;-)

For those interested the story is here:

lostlink.jpg

Many thanks!

dc

To begin, sorry for my poor english.

I have seen this Targa and also thinks that is too expensive, it's exactly the same watch that the normal, with the unique diference it's the book, and the engraving xxx/200 of the back.

It's also commented that in the price include one donation for Museum Juan Manuel Fangio, but ...... (no comment, I think)

Hi David,

It looks to me that besides from the engraving and the book, its pretty much the same thing as the normal one. It was issued by the Authorized dealer in Argentina and this Museum Juan Manuel Fangio Foundation for a total of 200 pieces for the local market.

On the Foundation's site (https://www.museofangio.com/) there is not much information about this watch. What I did see is that on the July 2005 issue (https://www.fundacionfangio.com/es/revista-fangio/1/) of their magazine there is an article on the relationship between Juan Manuel Fangio and Tag Heuer watches. Other than that there is not more info.

The book is published also by the foundation and the whole package is a tribute to Juan Manuel Fangio and his exceptional career.

I can see the relevance for F1 lovers and the Pilot's fans for having this watch. Its pretty cool to have a watch related to the 5 times F1 champion and one of the most notable sportsman of the century in Argentina. Certainly the watch becomes a collectors item.

Having said that, I think that the price is very high and certainly makes you think twice about buying it.

Cheers!

Well, let's see ....

To my knowledge, this watch has made several versions with different codes. There are slight differences between them.

Regular Series:

CX2110: Crystal Plexyglas

lostimage.jpg

CX2112: Sapphire Crystal

lostimage.jpg

Limited Editions, Special Fangio:

CX2111: Plexyglas Glass (200 pieces) (This is what interests you) Obviously, the back cover of their case is identified as a limited series.

Pictures of this are in the notice of sale, the link that you have.

CX2113: Sapphire Crystal. Dial signed by Fangio. (At this point, not how many pieces were produced)

cx2113.fc6177_.__56206.jpg

Apart from these differences, case and the bezel, but apparently are the same, are not exactly identical, because the focus in the case and the bezel is not the same in the sapphire crystal, which in the crystal Plexy.
The dial of the CX2113 is the same as that of the other codes, only the latter, is signed by Fangio at 12.

Other features are identical.
It is the same size. The mechanism is the same: automatic ETA 2894-2 ...

Anyway, watch the price you want, when they sold was about 3000$ ...

So that ad sales is from another planet ...!! Too expensive ...8o

A greeting

:friends:

Última edición:
which is complicated

Hi, Calibre 11, look at this!
lostlink.jpg

I don´t know if is that you are seeking but it´s a limited edition of 1957 watches.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Yes, it does seem that this USD20,000 Fangio model is the same as the first CX2110m but with a nice book and letter...it doesn't even have the Fangio signature on the front like the second limited edition 1957 does...

So, I think you would have to be a very, very big Fangio fan to pay any sort of a premium for the watch that originally sold for USD20,000!

Thanks again

David

wow, I hope that never doesn't break sapphire

I agree with my partenrs, This is a special edition (limited to 200 pcs), the price... too expensive for me, the original price is 10 x less than the publication, the book? maybe you can find the same in e-bay now or in the future, I don't think that the watch will be sell at that price, regards!!

Estado
Hilo cerrado
Atrás
Arriba Pie