• El foro de relojes de habla hispana con más tráfico de la Red, donde un reloj es algo más que un objeto que da la hora. Relojes Especiales es el punto de referencia para hablar de relojes de todas las marcas, desde Rolex hasta Seiko, alta relojería, relojes de pulsera y de bolsillo, relojería gruesa y vintages, pero también de estilográficas. Además, disponemos de un foro de compraventa donde podrás encontrar el reloj que buscas al mejor precio. Para poder participar tendrás que registrarte.

Aquaracer 500M the Review

• Iniciador del hilo wilfreb
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Hilo cerrado
wilfreb

wilfreb

Quasi-forer@
Sin verificar
[la he hecho en ingles para poderla poner en varios foros, disculpen]

wilfreb's review of the TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M

Since the first moment i saw this timepiece i knew i had to get it, i'm a huge fan of diver watches, but just a few owns the attributes to fill my expectations, well, this one did at first site.

320877001-2.jpg

CASE: the first good thing about this piece is the size, at 43mm it looks nice on every wrist and a nice dimentions for todays likings.
i'm impressed by the finish and the details of this timepiece, its all brushed finish give it an even more robust look and feel, it is extremely well executed all around.

TAG_ARBlkBezel1.jpg

The crown is the best i've ever used, very grabby and big enough to do its work just fine.

It also have the automatic helium escape valve on the left side, just like my Seamaster, but the Aquaracer's one is ever better finished and have a nice design demostrating the attention to detail this timepiece posseses.

TAG_ARBlkBezel2.jpg

One of the main things i loved about this watch was that even at 500m it has a transparent sapphire caseback, showing the nicely decorated movement.
its the same movt that the one on my Oris diver, but the calibre 5 seems to be of a higher quality, the materials and finishings seems superior, at least it seems that way, i'm not a movement expert, this is what i can see with the naked eye.

some Diver watch aficionados dislike the transparent casebacks cuz it takes away some robustness to the timepiece, but for me, been able to see the movement on a watch is priceless, i just wish my Daytona and my Seamaster had transparent casebacks.

TAG_ARBlkBezel3.jpg

Te movement is the Sellita SW200, designed based on the ETA 2824, its a reliable quality movement from a well established watchmaker, then its taken to Tag Heuer workshops to pass the quality tests and precision standards established by Tag itself and then to be reworked and highly decorated to become the TagHeuer Calibre 5 movement.
my watch its very accurate running +1 sec/day for a week.

IMG00062-20100525-1814.jpg

BEZEL: when it first came out, we were waiting for a ceramic bezel, just like Rolex, now Oris and soon Omega, but the spirit of TagHeuer is revolutionary, so they came with this unsuspected rubberized bezel with the brushed big numbers.

img55981620.jpg

they also redesigned the iconic-to-tag 5 studs for better grab.
this bezel is a looker, and also works flawlessly, very easy to grab and turn, easy to read and the best of all, like nothing you have ever seen before.

the material feels nice, and the linear texture to match the handsome dial of the watch adds a nicer touch to it.

its the best bezel i've owned, Tag said it was developed with professional divers, for what i can see, it truly was.

IMG00060-20100525-1813.jpg

some top brands are also following TagHeuer's footsteps, at Basel 2010 Breitling just released its new SuperOcean watch with the same material of on bezel.

i had some questions regarding the durability of this new bezel material, but our good friend David at Calibre11 posted a report that shows the quality and durability test that these timepieces has to pass, you can read it here
lostlink.jpg

i really think that the aluminium painted bezels are obsolete, IMO, the bezel on my Oris and my Seamaster are easy to scratch, the one on the Aquaracer is scratch-proof and thats important to me, Omega needs to release its LiquidMetal bezel soon.

BRACELET and CLASP:
i have always loved the bracelet of the Aquaracers and this one is not exception.

img55981622.jpg

its all brushed finish and raised center links give it a even more robust look, its very confortable and really a looker, also goes very well with the rest of the watch.

img55981623.jpg

i'm impressed my the amount of detailing and attention to detail that Tag went into designing this awesome watch, you really have to hold on in your hands to see what i'm talking about, the finishings are superbly done, all the curves and small details are executed to perfection .

320877001-3.jpg

the clasp its a nice push buttons, very easy to use yet comfortable one, not in the same way on my Seamaster [thats the best one] but still a very nice one, it also includes the diver extension.

LUME: a very important aspect for a diver timepiece, i never though i could own a watch that rivals the awesome lume on my Seamaster 2254, well, this Aquaracer has seiko-level lume.

IMG00005-20100527-1640.jpg

it has applied big markers filled with white SuperLuminova, its being used by Rolex on its new Submariner and DeepSea, and the black Seamaster Bond, it is not as bright as the green one, but this one looks better and still is very bright.

DIAL: the most exciting part on this timepiece. it is without any doubt the most detailed, beautiful and best designed par of the whole timepiece.

600x450-1217153820-1.jpg

the linear finish, matching the lines on the bezel are awesome, and when looking at it shows the nice detailing and well balanced the design of this timepiece is.

TAG_ARBlkBezel.jpg

the big markers, the orange seconds hands and the orange writing give this dial a nice sport look.

IMG00059-20100525-1420.jpg

i first felt in love with the internal antiReflecting coating on the crystal when i got my Seamaster 2254, i was blown away by the clean looks it gives to the dial of the watch.

IMG00073-20100526-1604.jpg

and when you have a dial with this amount of attention to detail like on the Aquaracer, the ARcoating is a must. sometimes i thing the crystal isnt there, revealing the awesome work on this dial.

the cyclops is a love it or hate it thing, i personally love it, this cyclops is not as raised as the one on the Submarines, it has a very low profile still a strong magnifying power and the fact that its located at the 9:00 position gives it even more originality, something that i personally appreciate.

IMG00057-20100525-1419.jpg

i'm really impressed by the amount of work TagHeuer put into the development of this watch, it was an extraordinary effort for making a descent professional divers watch that only holding one on your own hands can be appreciated, the attention to detail and fit and finish of this Aquaracer are superb.

320877001-1.jpg

It won the prestigious RedDot award in 2009 for the best design in the watches categories, and it truly deserved it
https://www.red-dot.org/

if you ask me, well this watch is a real tool watch manufactured with a purpose, to be a true professional divers watch.

IMG00066-20100526-0815.jpg

please comment.

Gracias por la información.
Buena revisión.
Un saludo

Un reloj que me encanta.

Excelente review compañero, gracias por el trabajo!!! ahora tengo más el gusanillo metido.... jejeje Un reloj precioso, con mucha calidad y precio, diferente y polivalente... una excelente compra!

Un saludo!

Magnífico reportaje wilfred. Explotando al detalle cada rincón del reloj.

Gracias.

Hola,gracias por el reportaje.Ese modelo de Tag me parece uno de los Divers mas originales y bonitos.
Un saludo.

Me sigue gustando muchísimo mas el 300m.
Esa lupa, la valvula de helio y el fondo visto..:nea:

Gracias por el reportaje , he de decir que me encanta.
Tanto el Reloj como el armis , los detalles del visel , la caja. lo veo muy equilibrado

felicidades muy bonito.

Tag hace relojes que me encantan (carrera, gran carrera...) y otros que no me interesan aunque reconozco su gran calidad. Ese calibre 5 parece tener gran prestigio pero ese bisel de goma no me parece visualmente atractivo. Para gustos colores. Enhorabuena por tu revisión, estupendo trabajo.:ok::

Me sigue gustando muchísimo mas el 300m.
Esa lupa, la valvula de helio y el fondo visto..:nea:

tambien poseo el 300m y dejame decirte que el 500m esta muchisimo mejor q el 300m en todos los aspectos.

Review ejemplar, y magnífico reloj. Superinteresante ese bisel.

Pues espera, que ya viene al mercado el modelo con cronógrafo. :drool:

otra foto para q aprecien como combina el bezel con el dial, estoy enamorado del dial the este Tag!

IMG00041-20100601-1248.jpg

uf, cada minuto me gusta mas.... tic tac tic tac

A mí también me gusta cada día más... Pero tiene una cosa que me preocupa, la supuesta debilidad de la rosca de la corona. En foros extranjeros se ha hablado algo del tema:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ar#post2495497

No sé si exageran, ¿Alguien de aquí sabe algo de este problema?

Muy muy bonito.

Muy bueno el reportaje, y felicidades por el reloj.

Es una pasada de reloj, la verdad mejora muchisimo la versión anterior, espero tenerlo pronto

[la he hecho en ingles para poderla poner en varios foros, disculpen]

wilfreb's review of the TAG Heuer Aquaracer 500M

Since the first moment i saw this timepiece i knew i had to get it, i'm a huge fan of diver watches, but just a few owns the attributes to fill my expectations, well, this one did at first site.

320877001-2.jpg

CASE: the first good thing about this piece is the size, at 43mm it looks nice on every wrist and a nice dimentions for todays likings.
i'm impressed by the finish and the details of this timepiece, its all brushed finish give it an even more robust look and feel, it is extremely well executed all around.

TAG_ARBlkBezel1.jpg

The crown is the best i've ever used, very grabby and big enough to do its work just fine.

It also have the automatic helium escape valve on the left side, just like my Seamaster, but the Aquaracer's one is ever better finished and have a nice design demostrating the attention to detail this timepiece posseses.

TAG_ARBlkBezel2.jpg

One of the main things i loved about this watch was that even at 500m it has a transparent sapphire caseback, showing the nicely decorated movement.
its the same movt that the one on my Oris diver, but the calibre 5 seems to be of a higher quality, the materials and finishings seems superior, at least it seems that way, i'm not a movement expert, this is what i can see with the naked eye.

some Diver watch aficionados dislike the transparent casebacks cuz it takes away some robustness to the timepiece, but for me, been able to see the movement on a watch is priceless, i just wish my Daytona and my Seamaster had transparent casebacks.

TAG_ARBlkBezel3.jpg

Te movement is the Sellita SW200, designed based on the ETA 2824, its a reliable quality movement from a well established watchmaker, then its taken to Tag Heuer workshops to pass the quality tests and precision standards established by Tag itself and then to be reworked and highly decorated to become the TagHeuer Calibre 5 movement.
my watch its very accurate running +1 sec/day for a week.

IMG00062-20100525-1814.jpg

BEZEL: when it first came out, we were waiting for a ceramic bezel, just like Rolex, now Oris and soon Omega, but the spirit of TagHeuer is revolutionary, so they came with this unsuspected rubberized bezel with the brushed big numbers.

img55981620.jpg

they also redesigned the iconic-to-tag 5 studs for better grab.
this bezel is a looker, and also works flawlessly, very easy to grab and turn, easy to read and the best of all, like nothing you have ever seen before.

the material feels nice, and the linear texture to match the handsome dial of the watch adds a nicer touch to it.

its the best bezel i've owned, Tag said it was developed with professional divers, for what i can see, it truly was.

IMG00060-20100525-1813.jpg

some top brands are also following TagHeuer's footsteps, at Basel 2010 Breitling just released its new SuperOcean watch with the same material of on bezel.

i had some questions regarding the durability of this new bezel material, but our good friend David at Calibre11 posted a report that shows the quality and durability test that these timepieces has to pass, you can read it here
lostlink.jpg

i really think that the aluminium painted bezels are obsolete, IMO, the bezel on my Oris and my Seamaster are easy to scratch, the one on the Aquaracer is scratch-proof and thats important to me, Omega needs to release its LiquidMetal bezel soon.

BRACELET and CLASP:
i have always loved the bracelet of the Aquaracers and this one is not exception.

img55981622.jpg

its all brushed finish and raised center links give it a even more robust look, its very confortable and really a looker, also goes very well with the rest of the watch.

img55981623.jpg

i'm impressed my the amount of detailing and attention to detail that Tag went into designing this awesome watch, you really have to hold on in your hands to see what i'm talking about, the finishings are superbly done, all the curves and small details are executed to perfection .

320877001-3.jpg

the clasp its a nice push buttons, very easy to use yet comfortable one, not in the same way on my Seamaster [thats the best one] but still a very nice one, it also includes the diver extension.

LUME: a very important aspect for a diver timepiece, i never though i could own a watch that rivals the awesome lume on my Seamaster 2254, well, this Aquaracer has seiko-level lume.

IMG00005-20100527-1640.jpg

it has applied big markers filled with white SuperLuminova, its being used by Rolex on its new Submariner and DeepSea, and the black Seamaster Bond, it is not as bright as the green one, but this one looks better and still is very bright.

DIAL: the most exciting part on this timepiece. it is without any doubt the most detailed, beautiful and best designed par of the whole timepiece.

600x450-1217153820-1.jpg

the linear finish, matching the lines on the bezel are awesome, and when looking at it shows the nice detailing and well balanced the design of this timepiece is.

TAG_ARBlkBezel.jpg

the big markers, the orange seconds hands and the orange writing give this dial a nice sport look.

IMG00059-20100525-1420.jpg

i first felt in love with the internal antiReflecting coating on the crystal when i got my Seamaster 2254, i was blown away by the clean looks it gives to the dial of the watch.

IMG00073-20100526-1604.jpg

and when you have a dial with this amount of attention to detail like on the Aquaracer, the ARcoating is a must. sometimes i thing the crystal isnt there, revealing the awesome work on this dial.

the cyclops is a love it or hate it thing, i personally love it, this cyclops is not as raised as the one on the Submarines, it has a very low profile still a strong magnifying power and the fact that its located at the 9:00 position gives it even more originality, something that i personally appreciate.

IMG00057-20100525-1419.jpg

i'm really impressed by the amount of work TagHeuer put into the development of this watch, it was an extraordinary effort for making a descent professional divers watch that only holding one on your own hands can be appreciated, the attention to detail and fit and finish of this Aquaracer are superb.

320877001-1.jpg

It won the prestigious RedDot award in 2009 for the best design in the watches categories, and it truly deserved it
https://www.red-dot.org/

if you ask me, well this watch is a real tool watch manufactured with a purpose, to be a true professional divers watch.

IMG00066-20100526-0815.jpg

please comment.

Buen artículo. Y enhorabuena por tu adquisición, un modelo que cada vez me gusta más

Después de verlo unas cuantas veces, cada día me gusta más, pero me preocupa un poco la vejez de la goma del bisel, y más después de leer algunos hilos de problemas de los F1 con lo mismo.

Después de verlo unas cuantas veces, cada día me gusta más, pero me preocupa un poco la vejez de la goma del bisel, y más después de leer algunos hilos de problemas de los F1 con lo mismo.

el bizel del Aquaracer es exclusivo para ese modelo, el de F1 es aluminio

Muy guapo este reloj , precio ???:)

Precioso si señor, yo estoy a la espera del mismo modelo pero en color azul, espero no haber metido la pata con el color, pero es que hay muchos opciones en negro y pocas en azul
Un saludo y felicidades

Creo que aciertas con el azul, sin duda

Estado
Hilo cerrado
Atrás
Arriba Pie