• El foro de relojes de habla hispana con más tráfico de la Red, donde un reloj es algo más que un objeto que da la hora. Relojes Especiales es el punto de referencia para hablar de relojes de todas las marcas, desde Rolex hasta Seiko, alta relojería, relojes de pulsera y de bolsillo, relojería gruesa y vintages, pero también de estilográficas. Además, disponemos de un foro de compraventa donde podrás encontrar el reloj que buscas al mejor precio. Para poder participar tendrás que registrarte.

Mi viaje a MECCA... Marseille, Francia y COMEX un reportage+++

• Iniciador del hilo chrono24seven
  • Fecha de inicio
Estado
Hilo cerrado
chrono24seven

chrono24seven

Forer@ Senior
Sin verificar
Saludos companeros...

Deseaba compartir con vosotros en el foro ROLEX, de mi post en DIVERs:

Hermano foreros, felices fiestas!

He pasado muchisimo tiempo viajando, con el negocio, y con mi familia en los Estados Unidos y Europa, para encontrar el tiempo adequado para dedicarle a este tremendo foro - y no por falta de interes - pero mas por el idioma, desgraciadamente aunque de padres Latinos no escribo con rapides como el ingles - aviendo estudiado hasta Universidad en NYC.

Bueno, si pude compartir lo siguiente en dos foros favoritos mios en ingles, y me siento mal no aver podido compartilo aqui por falta de tiempo en traducirlo... mientras tanto/tiempo en traducirlo me gustaria compartir en este nuevo ano mi aventura con mi esposa a Francia que empeso en Paris (para mi mujer) pero termino en Marseille (para mi:yhoo::)

Perdonenme... el texto en ingles por ahora::blush::

Bonsoir!

Gent's, my wife and I spent 2 weeks in France (in Aug), one week for the Mrs. in Paris and one week for me to play at the beach (and pursue DIVE watch history)!

Here are only a few of the hundreds of pictures taken in Marseille... though I know there are alot of pics... I tried to narrow them down - Marseille is a truly incredible destination, the food, the water, the history!

FYI... Marseille is officially the OLDEST city in France and rivals Lyon for second largest city in France... alot of cultural diversity, but nothing like Paris... which was a surprise, as was the rain, and cold weather in Paris for August (2010)!

Based on how long it takes me to post these pics and frequent captions, I'll decide if it's viable to do the Paris pics... not that Paris was not great - I just thoroughly enjoyed Marseille to a much greater degree, and I find Marseille is more watch oriented with COMEX, and my chance meeting with Albert Falco at a dive shop owned by the Beuchat family in Vieux Port when picking up my new Beuchat 1501 (1000m auto).

Mr. Falco was a long-time partner of Jacques Yves Cousteau during all the expedition years, and to this day still dives, as does Henry Delauze (founder of COMEX), though I was granted permission to tour COMEX (they no longer do tours, and sold to Accergy part of the business years back), as an FYI previously tours were limited to 1 week per year ONLY in September - but unfortunately Mr. Delauze recently suffered a diving accident (at 83 years of age mind you), and there was notable concern in the air at COMEX.

Ironically, Mr. Delauze was being honored by the Marseille Chamber of Commerce for his contributions, which we timed our visit perfectly to privately view the exhibition (which ended the week of our visit), unfortunately I am told Mr. Delauze was not able to attend as a result of his dive accident, which is a true pity.

Well anyway, here are some pics, I hope they don't bore the heck out of you all... my wife and I had a blast!

We have shots by sea, air and ground level...

We flew into Paris staying a week and TGV'd (HIGH speed train) down to Marseille 900 km in 3 hours for another week, this is the view from the TGV station: St Charles of the city, on the hill in the distance is Notre Dame De La Garde Church (which is visible from ANYWHERE in Marseille).
DSC08130.jpg

The main drag (street) in downtown Marseille, Rue de Canebiere leading to Vieux Port, which is the SPOT... the port where everything goes on, restaurants, boat trips, fish market, city tours, hotels, store etc... etc...
DSC08641.jpg

Vieux Port from the ground:
DSC08493.jpg

Aerial view of the city, Vieux Port...
DSC08632.jpg

Vieux Port, some freshly caught yellow fin anyone?
DSC08483.jpg

Vieux Port from sea shot:
DSC08604.jpg

View from our hotel room during the day:
DSC08482.jpg

Same view but at sun down from the hotel room:
DSC08699.jpg

Catalans, one of my favorite beach spots right past Vieux Port (topless of course, but I'm keeping it clean :)
DSC08182.jpg

Ok, COMEX then back to the beauty of the place, starts with wearing the RIGHT watch for the event :drunken: :
DSC08358.jpg

DSC08372.jpg

DSC08305.jpg

DSC08307.jpg

DSC08359.jpg

DSC08362.jpg

DSC08360.jpg

WW2 sunken sub recovered by COMEX, shots of engine as well...
DSC08316.jpg

DSC08318.jpg

DSC08320.jpg

DSC08322.jpg

COMEX historically important equipment/artifacts etc...
DSC08311.jpg

DSC08313.jpg

DSC08323.jpg

DSC08328.jpg

DSC08327.jpg

DSC08331.jpg

DSC08334.jpg

DSC08333.jpg

DSC08367.jpg

DSC08366.jpg

DSC08355.jpg

DSC08354.jpg

DSC08335.jpg

DSC08338.jpg

DSC08339.jpg

DSC08349.jpg

DSC08351.jpg

Now COMEX Suits and helmuts... the Mrs. got into one of my shots... just like a woman, huh :lol:
DSC08340.jpg

DSC08343.jpg

DSC08348.jpg

DSC08352.jpg

COMEX currently standing World Records and services
DSC08345.jpg

DSC08344.jpg

COMEX is a pretty secure facility, presumably because they still develop systems, and also have COMEX NUCLEAIRE, hence the trasport vehicle to the security gate, and off to the Marseille Chamber of Commerce Henry Delauze exhibition
DSC08353.jpg

Marseille Chamber of Commerce, Rue de Canabiere, Henry Delauze founder of COMEX Exhibition
DSC08376.jpg

DSC08373.jpg

DSC08375.jpg

DSC08377.jpg

DSC08378.jpg

DSC08383.jpg

FUN time, shots from the sea, and the right watch for the occasion (notice how dark/tan I've gotten)!
DSC08513.jpg

DSC08575.jpg

DSC08561.jpg

DSC08590.jpg

DSC08598.jpg

My wife was not up for diving, but we did try and spear lunch while snorkling, lots of fun in the clear blue waters...
DSC08448.jpg

The local cuisine (and wines throughout the 2 weeks) called upon us several times while we were there in Marseille, but for me it was the Bouillabaisse that had my number, and I found THE best place our last night, apparently Jean Reno's favorite spot when in town!
DSC08723.jpg

DSC08734.jpg

Water shot...
DSC08197.jpg

On the way back some random shots of the city:
DSC08149.jpg

After a long day of roasting under the hot Southern France sun...
DSC08690.jpg

The LONG GOODBYE on a gorgeous and lonely beach, in the setting sun:
DSC08234.jpg

Sorry if it was LONGER than was PLEASANT, but out of hundreds I figure I only scratched the surface with these few... I HIGHLY recommend visiting Marseille, and they do have their own airport, so direct flights are readily available... an amazing place indeed.

Needless to say, after all the time invested in this post, I think I'll pass on PT2 the Paris pics, as there was little in significance to watches, as a lot of the French watch producers were on vacation/closed (which spoiled my Auricoste Spirotechnique buy), so I have typical tourists shots Notre Dame, Louvre, Versailles Palace, Eiffel Tower, Arch de Triumph, Champs de Elisees, Hard Rock Cafe, CLUB REX, Sienne Boat tour, City Bus Tour etc... etc... and everything else my wife dragged me to.

For those who managed to view all the pics, I hope you enjoyed them as much as we enjoyed those 7 days :clap:

El set de revistas recibido de COMEX despues de la vista:

DSC09386.jpg

DSC09391.jpg

DSC09392.jpg

DSC09398.jpg

Y el letrero marca Rolex, Seria V Cadran MK2 en Deep Oiled Leather 5mm Strap:

DSC09416.jpg

Espero que haigan disfrutado... aunque tengo varios Rolex soy fanatico de los DIVERS con un COMEX, un SD del 94/95 con cadran T25SWISS, el ultimo DSSD y hasta un DJ de diamantes de factoria - y paso en casa/foro de Carlos/Neurona por mi collecion ser 85% vintage divers y siempre me encuentro muy bien acompaniado en Relojes Especiales Y el foro DIVERS!

Saludos cordiales, y bendiciones,

--LUCHO

Excelente reportaje, por cierto no te sobrara uno de estos bien de precio ? ;-)

DSC08358.jpg

Gran reportaje, qué envidia....

Excelente reportaje, por cierto no te sobrara uno de estos bien de precio ? ;-)

DSC08358.jpg

O dos::Dbt::

Muy bueno el reportaje!!!!!!voy a volver a leerlo y ver las fotos:ok::

Fantastico reportaje, lo disfruto con envidia.

Gracias por compartirlo:ok::

Ese SD Comex de la foto si no es, junto con el 1665 y el 1680, lo mejor en Submariners, le falta poco, pero poco poco.:yes:

Una gozada de peluco y de reportaje.

Gracias.

Magnífico reportaje, gracias por compartirlo. Saludos

Fantástico reportaje. Muchas gracias por tu trabajo.

GRACIAS por las fotos, excelente reportaje, lo he añadido a la chincheta que tenermos de enlaces interesantes.

Saludos

Última edición:
Muy interesante :) ¡Gracias!

Muy interesante, gracias por compartir.

Interesante, chrono24.

Gran reportaje, grandes fotos y como no .... grandes relojes .... :clap:

Un reportaje completisimo y un gran viaje. Gracias por compartirlo con nosotros.

Muy buen reportaje, muchas gracias por compartirlo con todos nosotros, y enhorabuena por ese maravilloso Comex.

Muchas gracias, un reportaje magnífico. :ok::

Gracias lucho, por este ratito.

Qué interesante! Muchas gracias por compartirlo con nosotros!
Saludos

Contemplando regresar este verano :-P lugar mitico... o Algavre, PT... que sugieren... posiblemente las isla Canarias??

Y muchismas gracias por sus comentarios tan gentiles :)

--Lucho

Muchas gracias por las fotos y el reportaje,que envidia bañarse en esas aguas tan claras.

Seguro que lo pasasteis de maravilla.
Gracias Lucho por el reportaje de tu viaje y por las fotos de esos magníficos relojes.
Un saludo.

Awesome! Dude... Salu2.

Un reportaje extraordinario, que uno no se cansa de ver y repetir la visita al hilo. Las fotos fantásticas, y los lugares espectaculares.
Espero algun dia, poder hacer una visita similar! Gracias por compartir amigo!
Un cordial saludo, Tonin

extraordinario reportaje compañero, muchas gracias:ok::.

Bonito repirtaje..y ese Comex espectacular..

Estado
Hilo cerrado
Atrás
Arriba Pie